Although my rehab project last summer was nearly the death of me (at least in terms of my social life), I am now underway on my next project. Thankfully, this time all the work is being subbed out
Located in the the South Saint Louis neighborhood of Tower Grove South at 3969 Humphrey, this 1,000 sq ft bungalow is getting the works. The following is a breakdown of the work going into the building:
- Electric overhaul including everything from the service coming into the house, the panel, internal wiring and fixtures.
- Plumbing overhaul including a new stack and lateral underneath the basement floor, half-service, as well as all new internal copper and PVC.
- Kitchen including shaker cabinets, 2″ concrete counter tops, and stainless steel appliances.
- Bathroom including fairly fancy contemporary fixtures
- Flooring throughout the building including maple hardwoods in the dining and kitchen, tile in the bath and kitchen, and carpet in the bedrooms.
- HVAC system
- Tons of other updates such as drywall, paint, trim, doors and landscaping throughout the property.
In short, everything is getting redone. This place isn’t going to be huge, but it will be a quality product for a good price. And since the targeted completion date is the first week of September, there is plenty of time for buyers to take advantage of the $8,000 first-time homebuyer credit before it expires on December 1st (something to keep in mind if you are in the middle or contemplating a rehab yourself).
Check out the “before” pics below. I’ll have updated pictures when the electric and plumbing are finished at the end of next week.