We ran into a few snags along the way, my contractor bailed on me with two weeks to go, and there was a nice little delay in getting the concrete countertops in, but my rehab project at 3969 Humphrey is finally complete.
Its been about four months since the project started in July, but I am really happy with the results. The property is going on the market later tonight for $134,900.
Just about everything was redone on the place. Here is a rundown of what we did:
- Totally redone kitchen including 42″ cabinets, concrete counters, stainless appliances,and unique magnetic-chalkboard backsplash.
- Totally redone bathroom
- Flooring including maple hardwoods in living areas, tile in kitchen and bath, and carpets in bedrooms
- Low-E, thermal windows
- Furnace, AC condenser and water heater
- Plumbing including lateral to the yard and half service
- Electric including 200 amp service, 95% interior wiring and all fixtures; siding on rear addition
- Security alarm
- Fresh drywall and paint
Needless to say, the place is virtually brand new. Take a look at it yourself via the pictures and video below. If you want to compare the final product to what it looked like before, you can see old pics here. I’m sure the place will sell fast, but there is no question that it feels very good to be done. Especially since I will probably try to do another one before the housing credit expires in April. What fun;)