As with Benton Park, there are a lot of smaller sized projects going on in Forest Park Southeast (aka the Grove). While most of these projects are being worked on by Amy and Amrit Gill’s Restoration St. Louis, but there are other developers in play. I have spotlighted some of these projects in the past (see Update on activity in FPSE and 3 developments in FPSE), but some are new:
- 4229 Manchester – This property is located at the intersection of Arco and Manchester. The project is being developed by Pete Rothschild “Red Brick Development. ” This property is unusual in that it is constructed in a narrow triangular form to match the shape of the block it is on.
- 4244 Chouteau – This property at 4244 Chouteau was formerly the home of the B.C.S Moving and Storage Company. Restoration St. Louis now owns the project and is converting it into over 20 market-rate apartments.
- 4306 Manchester – This is yet another one by Restoration St. Louis. A simple building with no real frills, just another piece of the puzzle being put in place along Manchester. You can see a marketing packet for the commercial lease on Restoration St. Louis’ website.
- 4501 Manchester – This now the home of a new Italian restaurant: Mia Rose. Developed by Restoration St. Louis, the project adds a much needed infusion of development along the western edge of the neighborhood.
- 4512 Manchester – Located across from Mia Rosa, this property is the future home of developer Sitelines. This company is also handling the project themselves. Its a big one and progress has been slow so far. Still, its one of the highest profile buildings along Manchester so its going to really help the western edge. *UPDATE 10/21/08 – I just got a little more info on this project. Apparently this will be the first Green Development in the FPSE neighborhood. The budget for the project is set at $2.1 million.
Take a look at a few pictures of these properties in the gallery below.