Assistant Property Manager
The primary purpose of the Assistant Property Manager is to serve as the main point of contact for our tenant community and to keep our rental vacancies at a minimum. Achieving this goal will involve both working with new tenants in order to fill vacant units as well as maintaining good relationships with existing tenants so that they will want to stay. To that end, the role of the Assistant Property Manager will cover a full range of responsibilities that includes ensuring that our current and upcoming residential vacancies are rent-ready and being shown in the most positive light, creating marketing materials for apartment listings, showing units, preparing leases for new tenants as well as handling communications from current tenants regarding maintenance issues, rent payments, or lease renewals.
This position will split time between field work and office work; therefore, a candidate who enjoys a dynamic work environment is essential. It is also important to note that the majority of the units that we manage are apartments within scattered-site, multi-family properties which are primarily located in South City. A successful Assistant Property Manager will be good at juggling and prioritizing multiple tasks, possess excellent communication skills, and generally enjoy working with people.
- Apartment Marketing
- Oversee the marketing and ad creation for vacant units.
- Take pictures and shoot video walkthroughs of units for marketing purposes.
- Perform market studies of current rent rates to ensure that we are competitive.
- Make suggestions for improvements that could be made to increase curb appeal as well as interior aesthetics in order to maximize rentability.
- Respond to inquiries on available units. Answer questions as needed, and schedule showings.
- Meet prospective tenants to show available units (scheduled by our software and office staff).
- Keep detailed records of leads, showings, and leases signed in company CRM to create reports to track leasing efforts.
- Prepare Showing Activity Reports for Property Owners.
- For units that are not leasing as expected, create recommendations for suggested tactics to improve rentability (incentives, price alterations, improvements).
- Process Applications
- Supervise the collection and processing of screening applications on vacant units including rental verifications, income verification, and employment verification.
- Prepare recommendations for approval or rejection of applicants, based on set Company standards, to Property Manager.
- Prepare and Process Documents
- New Tenants
- Assist the Property Manager in the preparation of all lease documents and agreements that are required for a new move-in.
- Manage the communication process with the tenants to review the lease documents and to obtain all necessary signatures.
- Existing Tenants
- Prepare lease renewals and amendments as needed.
- Prepare written payment agreements for Tenants entering into a payment plan.
- Review all documents to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Enter data into the management system and the drive.
- New Tenants
- Tenant Relations & Communication
- Meet tenants for move-in walkthrough and to hand over keys.
- Follow up with Tenants for past due rent.
- Oversee the eviction process in conjunction with the Property Manager and our Attorney.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Perform site inspections for managed properties. This might include verifying contractor has completed work, verifying whether a tenant is still occupying, or other general reason.
- Post notices, signage, lockboxes, etc at properties.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent task management, organizational, and time management skills are required.
- Professionalism and a high level of customer service are a must.
- Must be dependable, able to follow directions, and able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Originality and initiative are important as well as the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet short deadlines, & coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks.
- High-level ability with using (and learning) technologies; specifically, computer & web-based applications as well as smartphone apps.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with a commitment to quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with a high proficiency in grammar and spelling.
- Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Required: High School diploma or GED equivalent required; College degree preferred.
- Required: Minimum of 1-year experience working in residential leasing; Scattered site leasing in St. Louis City and/ or County preferred.
- Required: Current MO Real Estate License.
- Required: Valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle that complies with local & state laws.
- Required: Smartphone with email, texting, and internet capabilities.
Schedule & Compensation
- Pay: $35,000 to $42,000 annually with combined base and bonuses.
- Days: Actual days and times to be arranged with employee at time of hire but will include some evening and weekend (mostly Saturday) hours.
- Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week
- Employment Status: Salary, exempt employee (W-4)
- Mileage Reimbursement: $.545 per recorded mile (for “street legal” vehicle) for approved trips.
- Agent Costs: Costs associated with maintaining real estate license.
- Insurance: Health & Vision Insurance benefits
- Paid Leave: Paid Holiday & Vacation benefits
- Employee is responsible for covering:
- All vehicular expenses including service & repairs, insurance, etc.
- All mobile phone-related expenses
Apply or More Info
If the above position seems like a fit, let’s talk! Submit your application below to tell us a little about yourself and we’ll be in touch to discuss the next steps from there. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.